JOB TITLE: TB/HIV Monitoring and Evaluation Officer for ICAP-South Africa
LOCATION: Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape Province, South Africa
OVERALL JOB FUNCTION:
To coordinate and support ongoing and planned monitoring, evaluation and research activities related to integrated TB/HIV care and treatment in the Eastern Cape Province of South Africa.
In close collaboration with the ICAP-SA TB/HIV Officer, monitoring, evaluation and research (MER) staff based at Columbia University (in New York and South Africa), the ICAP-NY TB/HIV Senior Program Manager and the Eastern Cape DOH, the TB/HIV M&E Officer will conduct the following activities:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in preparing evaluation protocols, data collection instruments (both quantitative and qualitative), and data collection training materials specific to TB/HIV related activities at TB treatment programs and HIV care and treatment programs.
- Obtain ethical/IRB approval of evaluation protocols, both locally and at Columbia University NY, as needed.
- Oversee all data collection logistics: includes hiring, training, and supervising data collection staff, and conducting routine monitoring visits at data collection sites.
- Manage quantitative data sets, including coordinating data entry, data cleaning, quality assurance, and statistical analysis of data.
- Assist with interpretation of data and presentation of results in tabular and graphic form.
- Assist in preparation of reports and publications.
- Organize evaluation/research dissemination meetings.
- Participate in meetings and professional activities as appropriate.
- Other duties as required.
Country Director, ICAP-South Africa
Incumbent will also be expected to communicate regularly with ICAP-NY staff from the Monitoring, Evaluation and Research Unit and the NY-based Senior TB/HIV Program Manager.
For Associate Research Scientist: MD, Ph.D., Ed.D, or other equivalent degree plus related experience, preferably in health care programs in resource limited areas.For
Sr. Staff Associate: Bachelor's degree or equivalent plus 8 years related experience, preferable in health care monitoring and evaluation or programming and/or significant experience in health care programs in resource limited areas.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- PhD in epidemiology or
- MD (or equivalent) and Masters degree in Epidemiology or Biostatistics
- Minimum of 2 years of evaluation and/or research experience.
- Basic familiarity with analytical techniques and data interpretation.
- Experience and knowledge in the use of statistical software such as EPI Info, SAS or SPSS
- Strong analytical skills, including data analysis experience
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent writing, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously and interacting with a variety of people.
- Experience working in collaboration with local government partners, U.S. government or other bilateral donors
- Willingness to travel in the Eastern Cape frequently.
- Fluent in English and, preferably, Xhosa.
Submit CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Please indicate you are applying for position #M&E-South Africa in the subject line of your e-mail.
Columbia University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.